Monday, October 4, 2010

Hot and Spicy

 Our kitchen has the most amazing smells coming from it lately. I have been working through the Indian Cookbook (no I did not know that it was going to be a promotion for October). I made garam masala the other day and the recipe made ALOT. The flavours are so much better than the packet stuff. I also feel really glad Kongs is just down the road so sourcing all the spices was pretty easy too.

After 45 seconds

Before



Later I made a simple Chickpea Curry with rice, Raita and Naan Bread. The chickpea curry was so easy and freezes really well and the Naan Bread puffed up in the oven in 3 minutes and then it was time to eat. And it took only 3 minutes to make the silkiest dough.  
Naan dough with cumin seeds



1 comment:

  1. Just made Naan bread tonight and it worked really well.

    "Preheat your oven to the highest temperature and put the heaviest baking tray you own to heat in the oven. Preheat your grill as well." That part had me thinking that my oven would ignite!

    Weird instructions to follow, but they worked and my house and oven are still intact :)

    ReplyDelete