Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cindi Omeara Lecture

I can only describe this as life changing. What an inspiring day. I have left this talk with motivation to make real dietary changes at home. (And I only really went to see what all the fuss was about).

Reasons for change (some notes I took during the talk)
1. I am now really quite frightened after hearing about what is in almost all the food we eat

2. After tasting the alternative foods (which are taste delicious, no mung beans in sight) I am motivated.

3. I think the most confirming part is that the thermomix is the tool that can make producing natural healthy food actually POSSIBLE and EASY even if we don't have hours on end to spend in the kitchen.

I have added links to some her website for your info. I can recommend checking out the recipes page

3 comments:

  1. I buy unhomogenised milk at nearly double the price of homogenised.

    I usually take out the cream at the top and throw it out otherwise you get "oil" droplets when you heat the milk and it looks "curdled" when it's cold.

    Last week I decided I would make butter out of the cream.

    I extracted 150g of cream from 6L of milk and to my surpise it made 150g of butter!!

    I was really happy to see the cream being put to use as well as no loss in volume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice if we could access unhomogenised cream to buy! Glad you found the saving of the cream so successful. Did the butter taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :)
    the butter was very nice. It came out like the whipped butter McDonalds used to give you with their pancakes... they may still do but I have been boycotting them for about 10yrs hence the past tense.

    ReplyDelete