Thursday, September 30, 2010

A weekender with my thermomix

Last weekend we went to the farm. Normally I spend quite a bit of time cooking and preparing meals beforehand because I really dislike going on a 'break' and spending a huge amount of time in the kitchen (especially after a 3 hour drive). But this time it was different.

We arrived at 3pm and I quickly whipped up a chocolate custard for the kids desert (straight to the fridge for later) 7 mins. Afterwards I made a advocado dip for us in 3 mins. An aioli mayonnaise (YUM) 7mins. A coleslaw 2 mins. Then a peppercorn sauce for the steaks in prep of the BBQ later on 10 mins.

Then I had a glass of wine and relaxed!

TOTAL TIME TAKEN about 40mins (including all the cleaning done)

I should also mention that I didn't need to pack the esky full of ice etc for the travelling bit either :)

1 comment:

  1. The TM is going to come in handy during our kitchen renovation when "traditional" cooking facilities will not be available and space will be at a premium.

    ReplyDelete