Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Turkish Bread gourmet burgers

Yesterday I made red onion relish from the EDC book. So much easier than the oven method(and no messy tray to clean up!) I also wipped up a hommus dip and pan fried some haloumi. Added everything to some toasted turkish bread with rocket and tomato and a dollop of TM yoghurt raita. A very simple but delicious fast dinner in the same time it would have taken me to go thru the drivethrough ;)

Other Meatier flavours include;
Lamb burgers and harissa mayonnaise (so Easy in the TM)
Beef burgers, onion relish, cheese and salad

Oh and I just found a recipe to make my own Turkish Pide bread. EXCELLENT!

2 comments:

  1. The Focaccia recipe (page 113 Everyday Cooking Book) makes a slab of bread so similar in consistency and taste to Turkish bread that I am now no longer buying Turkish bread.

    49% COST SAVING ON SAME AMOUNTS OF BREAD
    or
    Shop bought Turkish bread $3.60
    TM Focaccia $1.85
    (prices current at September 2010)

    Cheers,
    The Recipe Corrector

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks recipe corrector, I have been happy with all the bread results so far but have heard many good things about the foccacia in particular. Will have to give it a go

    ReplyDelete