Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Perfect rice every time

I have added this post as this is one of the features of the thermomix I use 3 times a week if not more. It is so easy to make perfect fluffy rice and when done prior to dinner it can be stored in the thermoserver to keep warm while a curry is being prepared afterwards. Instructions are in the everyday cook book.


Perfect rice every time



Red Curry Chicken

Perfect rice > 14minutes (faster than my rice cooker and just as good)
Washing up > hardly any at all!



1 comment:

  1. When I tried the recipe from the book my rice turned out undercooked.

    This is my variation:
    Put steaming basket in TM bowl
    Zero out TM scales and weight 300g white rice
    Fill the TM bowl (with basket and rice in it) with water so it reaches the top of the rice
    Wash the rice by turning TM on speed 3 for 3min
    Lift the basket out of the TM bowl and pour out all the water
    Put basket back in TM bowl and fill with 680g water
    Cook rice at Veroma temperature, 14min, speed 4
    Once the TM beeps leave the rice in there (with the lid and MC on) for 3 minutes - you may want to use another appliance timer
    Serve :)

    ReplyDelete